Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good music

People listen to music for so many reasons. Many for the unending love of it. Some for therapeutic reasons (not like King Saul in the bible) to ease the stress around. However it is, there's one sure fact about music - it places you on a plateau that gives room for relaxation and creates an easier approach to addressing issues especially that which affects a core part of human existence.
The latest album of the self-proclaimed Naija Ninja, Sound sultan, is one I've been looking out for. Though the number of tracks in The (compulsory) textbook is great, I fel in love with two tracks only - Area & Back in the days.
This track playing (Area) encourages those who have gone far and wide in search of greener pastures to please come back home if the situation has turned worse.
So my people, come back home if things are very bad. It's not that bad at home oh!
Ajo 'o dabi ile (meaning There's no place like home).
I also discovered that dearest Tracy Chapman released a new album (Where you live) late last year.
Now where the Alaba boys at? It's like they haven't heard that she's dropped one.
Or could you lend me a copy of Where you live? I just wanna listen to it once, dat's all.

P.S At no point should you try to open his website.

2 comments:

Morountodun said...

I must admit to being a big Tracy Chapman fan (I've seen her in concert twice too!) but I can't really get into the Where you live album

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

I know Sound Sultan and I am proud of his postive music.

I am also into music.

God comes first in my life, followed by music and then water.

I can listen to music without eating all day.

God bless.