Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life goes on

I can't but comment on the matches played yesterday (at least the one I watched).
Arsenal was playing a fine game trying to impress Jacques Chirac or God-knows-who. They were dribbling, wagging their tails and sticking their tongues out at the same time. I was just wondering if the basics of adjudging winner of a football match is the skills display. They really should have nailed Eindoven in the first half. EIndhoven wasn't very bad though. The moment that made me laugh most was when Philipe Senderos perched like a chicken that wanted to lay eggs and caught the ball when it was evident that the opponent had dribbled past him.
Somehow, Gallas wasn't just himself that yesterday and he showed it with every move he made.
As for Aruna Kone, the guy is just a figure-head striker there designed to waste time. He's a Louis Saha kind'a guy. Except the post is empty, he aint scoring.
Life goes on though. Let's see what the return leg would bring.

2 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Anthony which team again do you suport. It better be arsenal. We havent been on top form form like last season or should I say - the games havnt really been going our way - but we still have hope.

How has your week been. Well I hope. Have a blessed week.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Hey Stranger. I'm a part-time Arsenal fan. I agree it's been quite hard for them recently.

The week has been splendid. You sparingly update. What could be the matter?