Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tables turn

The young man standing laughing
But he knows where the shoe dey pain am so
He no fit do anything today
But one day the tables will turn

The little children on the streets
Are working hard so they can eat
Them no fit do anything but cry
One day the tables will turn

My sister with the sexy eyes
Selling her body so she can eat
She no fit do anything but worry
But one day the tables will turn

....................

The average man doesn't ask for too much
he only wants what you & I want
A safe place to lay his head at night
Is that too much to ask?
.....................

Beautiful Nubia's Tables turn in his new album Fere speaks directly to my spirit. His music raises the hairs on the back of my neck, I still cannot fathom why. I keep feeling like a Gani or something each time I hear him sing.
Frankly, he should be applauded for the soulful music he churns out.

Listen to it.

5 comments:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Good words.
But Tony, my mother actually kept on saying don't worry till she died and my parents left no will, except liabilities and plots of land we cannot sell or lease.

I have seen poor children, women and men die in abject poverty and the tables have not turned.
The poor, poorer and poorest are still the largest communities on earth.

Poverty is man made. And it is an evil state that we must destroy by peace or by force.

May God help us.

N.B:
On the issue of obscene words like fxxk on my blog, Anthony,
I am allright.

I am just saying that we should stop wasting our quality time on trivialities and tackle the realities of these interesting times.

We bother so much about females wearing trousers and those who wear skirts and tie wrappers have done worse things.

There is too much hypocrisy in the masquerade of Christianity and I want us to do what Jesus Christ has commanded us to do, to preach the gospel to every creature and I did not see where Jesus Christ told us to become editors of the English Language.

Morality is not Christianity.
Christianity is living as commanded by Jesus Christ. Finis. As He said on the cross, "It is finished".

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Lol.
Though it's not a widespread thing, tables do turn my brother. In my few years on the earth, I've seen princes turn to slaves, and servants build great masions. Things are truly happening.
The wealth of gentiles don't abide with them forever. I'm optimistic & working towards it. I hope we all are.

Anonymous said...

nice words those

Anonymous said...

oh whao.. i like

Anonymous said...

I won't deny it made something in me jump...as in the ideology of the song...