Monday, April 02, 2007

Only heaven knows who's coming


I've been into many things in recent times. Atimes it's as jammed as not being able to get a horse across the road in Lagos. I can't even say what exactly I have been doing :D. But I've found my edge back after many weeks of a seemingly oblivious state. And I'm eternally grateful to God for that. This kind'a thing happens when you lean so much on a human being.

I've been looking for a way of jump-starting sales of messages preached in church which has been on the downward slope for some time. So I came across this Ipod-like MP4/MP3 player. It didn't take me too long to think of selling players to members and having to transfer messages to their gadgets for a fee comfortably lower than that of a CD. Considering the fact that there's hardly electricity, it's a huge challenge selling anything that has to do with connecting to NEPA. Only a few minutes of charging will do for an MP3 player and you'll be ready to go. I tried downloading podcasts from news sites, thinking if summary of the past week's news is added to church messages members would buy. We might end up adding Desperate housewives and latest MTV hits to boost sales of Pastor's messages.
It's a sure sign that this world is coming to an end, 'cos you have to practically mesmerize church-goers to listen to messages, whereas they don't feel a pinch buying Aki & Pawpaw/Baba Suwe/Night of a thousand laughs (comedians) CDs. Their CD collections are extensive. Ask them for xtian stuffs they have and you can't count up to ten. And these people can dance in church!! You would think some ladies are doing dancing competition for the king to select them.

It's these same holy sisters who give the best heads you can get in town. They can fix a guy up for real and they couple it with being the holiest people in church. I went to church last week after weeks of absence due to tight work schedule and it was like a Martin Scorsese video scene that evening. The ladies in front of me were dancing like their breaths the next hour depended on it. Wriggling their waists and twisting and turning, they would occassionally look at each other in the eye and laugh. Everybody was digging it in the name of the Lord. And then the thought crossed my mind & it felt heavy moving my body. Like a slow motion, I looked round the building. Everybody was busy dancing. Youths took a greater part of the congregation. Ladies spread around pretty well. These same people dancing would bang you wella as long as you aren't a member of their church (at least to conceal their misdeeds) . I just felt cold at that instance. People can be so diabolic! They will be the first to lift up 'holy hands' in church. I just couldn't help but feel like a stranger in the midst of everyone dancing. Only heaven knows who's coming.
It seems to me that we are not any better than our politicians 'cos people possess that damn character that they do; they talk one thing and they do the opposite.

5 comments:

Keshi said...

yeah dun we all :)

Keshi.

iconoclastic said...

lol, i feel u on dat big time!!..

so on dat note i worship God in my own way, dat is on the train, bus , while strollin ..so im not a conformist, i just try 2 do my own thin,not in a particular place of worship

so at least i know if i b sinner only God fit judge me, dont care bout the rest...

Cheetarah said...

Thats a genius idea!selling preaching to church folk on mp3 players!
Lol@ church chicks,stop eying them in the house of the Lord!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

its been long I visited. How have you been. Well I hope.
Have a blessed weekend.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

@ Keshi - Yeah we all do.
@ Damsel - It'd better that way.
@ Cheetarah - Eyeing them? U mean mouthing them :D
@ LIfe - I've been perfectly fine. And you? You sure got the series going on.