Saturday, March 04, 2006

As hot as .......

There are several reasons that can make you lose your cool or make your body system make you feel that you've got fever. The propaganda, or reality as it's unfolding, about Obasanjo's third term (o3T in short) is one that makes you be at your wit's end. Not knowing what exactly the cunning old man has in mind.
I downloaded IE 7.0 beta recently and wanted to have a feel of what Microsoft has got for us pronto. I forgot that every beta is as good as student doctors - it's only a test to know how well they can perform. And this test , annoyingly, doesn't only waste your precious time, but also rids you of many other valuble things that are attached to time. I wish I could sue someone for half a million dollars.

Back to normal rants, I have discovered this week that it's true that the ozone layer is wearing off. Infact, there's no ozone layer anymore in Africa. The heat has been intense since Monday. I get scared to go out when the sun is up. It gave me nostalgia about those times Uncle Tai would chase those of us who were scared to enter the cold for morning drills about our dormitories. I guess Nigeria shouldn't even be talking about nuclear plants for electricity generation. The hot sun we have here is enough to run many homes if the resources being scheduled for nuclear plants is redirected to research on Solar electricity generation. It sure is very hot in many areas of Nigeria except in Aso rock & the office of the Minister for Science & Tech. They aren't just feeling the heat. Maybe they must have developed thick skins. I wish I had the means myself to generate solar electricity. I will immediately cut off from the erratic National grid.

2 comments:

Just Thinking Out Loud! said...

I see you're a Mayflower guy - Uncle Tai. If only Nyja can harness the solar energy...life will be much better, but I know my peopl. All they care about is their private bank acounts.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Bros, I too tire for them oh!
They never think about making the country better. Na to chop alone and die alone.
One day God will touch some people's hearts