Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blog while you can

My recent preoccupation has taught me one lesson, 'blog while you can'. I've been very busy, no thanks to the infamous Kama Sutra virus and its writer. I must admit that the writer is very smart. He sure is smarter than the writer of the deadly Zotob virus.
Work aside, it's very wonderful to return to blogsville as some will call it. Even with the moountainous workload, I keep thinking that I've missed much happening in the online village. Even Oscar went without my in-depth followup. I think the friggin virus writers should be sent to Guatanamo if caught.
Back at home, many things are happening in the political realm. Speakers (MPs)of State House of Assemblies & their deputies are being impeached day-in day-out. It's no new thing again. Some deputies are even resigning without being shown the exit door. This tells me that the remaining of 2006 and the early part of 2007 will be very interesting. The only bad part of it is that people would start killing themselves.
I think political fundings will reduce this time because of the 25 billion naira bank capitalisation. Are you asking what is the connection between political fundings and bank monetary reserves? It will be strange to know that politicians borrow money from banks for political campaigns. Those that have companies divert all the funds used to run the company (+ staff salaries) to politics, rendering many people jobless in the process. It even happened that one of the Governors that won the election in 2003 used his influence as a member of the board of directors to take huge sums of money (we're talking of billions of naira here) for political use. Sounds weird? That's Nigeria for you oh! At least this time too much funding won't be available for different clandestine political maneuvrings.
As for O3T, it's better to wait till presidential aspirants begin to emerge.

God help us.

No comments: