Thursday, September 28, 2006

You be thief, I no be thief

Chai!! You can't believe the cans of worms that were opened by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. Massive corruption and embezzlement in a grand scale.
To be sincere, I've always wanted a situation where coruption would be tackled. But I never had any idea that corruption in Nigeria is as immense and mega as it is being unraveled.
Imagine close to N50 BILLION repatriated from the money stolen by Alams!! Agbabiaka oh! In just under about 5yrs of Democratic rule. What if he was ruling in the military junta? And he was the Head of State & not the governor? His looting would have been greater than Abacha's, no doubt.
Then imagine 31 Abacha-like state governors!! More than enough ticks to suck a dog dry of blood. These are not petty thieves oh. They are like zombies appearing at various/different places in the nation. This statistic seems to be staggering, but it seems like there are about 10 thieves to every 8 leaders in the nation.
I wish the penalty could be death by hanging or Jerry Rawlings style we can adopt to deal with these blood-sucking maggots. Then there wouldn't be any leader in Nigeria again, just like there aren't aged people in Ghana.
Now it's time for the argument like Fela sang ;

'You be thief, I no be thief
You be armu robber, I no be armu robber'.

How I wish only two people were alive right now, Tai Solarin & Fela. Even CNN would relocate their head office to Nigeria 'cos there'll be up-to-the-minute news flowing.
After a long while, we all can now sit back & relax to enjoy the nicely spiced cans of worms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nigeria is a nation where rogues are leaders and sleaze is the order of the day. The question is how is the recent activities of the EFCC going to impact the next electoral process in 2007? Would the electorate be more demanding and more wary of who leads them? Or it just going to be business as usual?

Anonymous said...

FELA IS THE TRUTH!!!

Anthony Arojojoye said...

@rj - I don't even think it will get to prosecution not to talk of killing.
I just know OBJ has nothing to lose, so he can drag anyone that crosses the line in the mud at the marketplace that they won't be able to raise their voices in public.

@ Imnakoya - I don't think these people whose sights have been shortened by acute poverty give a damn about who comes with a better package for the future. To them, the future is now. They want to get something for voting (even before they do) for anybody now.
It only rests on the shoulders of OBJ & EFCC to give them a hot chase, so much that they won't have time for 2007.

@Overwhelmed - you're feeling me right.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

When I said that this PDP government is the worst in corruption and extra-judicial crimes, many Nigerian bloggers were calling me names. But now the truth is out.

Tony,
Remember when I posted on the corruption of the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo in my posts on Nigerian Times since last year?

I am publishing the book of my best posts on Nigerian Times soon.

Corruption rules Nigeria from the fake beggar and hawker of fake pure water on the street to the commander in chief in government.

God bless.