Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Show me the money!!!

Pheewew! It's been a very long stay-away that I will never forget. To those who have been waiting anxiously for my update, I apologise for disappointing you. Everyone who keeps coming to check wassup and finding nothing, I promise to make up for the times.
The times I spent away have been a refreshing and life-changing one. Small wonders how someone's life can change drastically. Mine has been an example unto many people and even myself. Can you believe that I was even overwhelmed with the changes that happened? Small time the year was so dry & I thought God had forgotten me or those winches in the village were hard at it, the next minute things begin happen sharp sharp.
Well you guys should remember the time I wanted to get myself a gun now, don't you? Those people really showed me that a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when things don't fall into place. Instead of acquiring a nice lil gun to blow their heads off, the good Lord looked down on me with compassion and decided to gimme a better job. When I saw the pay-package, I almost went mad! The type of package that makes you sing "If I hammer, 1st thing na hummer. 1 million Dollars, elo lo ma je ti n ba se si Naira?". It simply makes u wanna go kolomental.
The people at my former workplace were feeling bad I was leaving. I responded by shouting to them like Cuba Goodings did in Jerry Maguire - SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
I resigned with immediate effect and automatic alacrity before my new employers changed their mind. My boss was still trying to prove hard, telling me to 'stop that nonsense'. Kiakia I called home to tell mumsy that she should begin fasting et prayer to bulldoze anyone who wants to tie me down.
I was thinking I had gotten to my bliss o, not until the first day at work when I got to know the work schedule. DAMN! Now I understand what 2face meant by 'you gotta work hard for the money.'
I don't even have enough time to blast INEC, OBJ, NEPA and all again o. Even on Democracy day I had to mellow in the office.
Omo wa ise o rise.

Please join me in celebrating & thanking God.

12 comments:

Ade said...

Yeah Im first.......nyah nyah!!
Well rojo, congrats man....may you continue to rise higher and higher!!

Unknown said...

Aburo,

Congrats oh. You promised to call me but I haven't heard from you. I guess it must be the tight schedule in your new job. I went through the same process too. Don't worry, after a while you will understand the system and be able to squeeze a little time to update your rantings here.

Nilla said...

Hey,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Welcome back to blogsburg.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Ade my man: Ol'boy no be small thing o. We go meet at the top.

Mr Steve: Sorry I haven't had the time to call you up and gist you. It's been very hectic. But I thank God I scaled from those people's hands.

Thanks Nilla. Good to be back.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

its really been too long. How are you??

Dolly said...

Congratulations on your new found job


UPDATE

Mimi said...

awwwwwww congratulations!!

my first time here. lol

BlogVille Idol said...

hey pple,the contestants have sung their rock songs...pls listen to them via our voice player and vote for ur favorite.and pls leave us a comment.tanx

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

erm erm where are you. What have u been up these days??..

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Girl I've been on 5 weeks training without a single day of rest.
Not to worry, I'm switching gears very soon.
How have you been?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I am very well, thanks. So you came over to my blog to yab me as per man, eeh, u nko, what have u been doing.. 5 weeks training,.oga oo.. not even one day of rest. That is three much. hurry up and update.

Chxta said...

Bloglines finally picked you up today, I guess that like me they'd gotten tirred of waiting for you...