Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Uhhh, relieved

Uh, what a week!I've never felt the kind'a pressure I felt last week in a straight whole year. You'll agree with me that there are times that you come under intense pressure that you just feel like ***damn it blogger.com, where's my pic?*****.I hope your week wasn't like mine?!Thank goodness this week's gonna be different.
The sorrowful events that happened last week partook in the dampening of my spirit, thus redirecting my blog topic last week.
When we heard the news of Alamieyeseigha's (Bayelsa state governor, Southern Nigeria) impeachment and arrest, I felt it was necessary to thank all that shared in the pain of shouting him down from power. Though it might seem that those at the helms of affairs in Nigeria don't go to the internet, some who influence decision making do.
I wanna say kudos to everyone who took the pain in blogging him out of power, not that there was any direct monetary gain but for the need to make things right. Chippla, Grandiose Parlor, Nneka, Kayzee, Emmanuel Oluwatosin, Nigerian times, Black Looks, to mention a few. You guys really helped to up the tempo online and I must say that you were great.
And just as we had predicted, he was arrested immediately after impeachment. I need not bore you with his story, he should remain in prison until after the festive season. 'Cos right now, all that's in our mind is xmas.

2 comments:

Chippla Vandu said...

Yes, as Owukori said, the Nigerian blogosphere's voice will one day be noticed by the mainstream media.

Nneka's World said...

Yes, I agree with Owukori.
Yes and we are definetly growing