Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Christmas in the air

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got home yesterday. After a hard day's work, what one will expect is to have a very peaceful night, some hours in front of the TV and a nice meal and then dozzing of when watching a movie. But that is not the story in the area I live in.
Mind you, I DO NOT live in the suburb, neither do I live in the shanty. My house is not located at Mushin, Ajegunle or Soweto. Though I've been hearing about it, I have never experienced living in total darkness for half a year.
Sometime around april, the transformer serving us electricity went ka-boom due to excess load. The aftermath would be for us to wait for the electricity company to source (round the world) for a new one to replace it.
I was almost blinded by the vision of light from the various bulbs ripping thru my iris. I couldn't believe it. Electricity supply after 6 months of darkness! I had to make do with the support of cars parked along roadside in order to get home, cos I was too dazzled. I almost missed my way home.
I finally got home. Opened the door to find a bunch of happy people smiling at me as if it was xmas. And then I ask myself, isn't it xmas? Yes it is, it's just that the date isn't Dec 25th.
Right now, I'm the happiest person in the blogosphere. The xformer was replaced in a record time (considering the time it takes 4 other peeps xformers to be restored, 6 months is jet speed). The thanksgiving service will be held on sunday at various churches. Please join us in thanking the good Lord for his show of kindness.

I got a repository here. Read keenly for my story, it's somewhere in the middle.

I'm coming up with a few very interesting posts,but it's time consuming and tasking. However, with the availability of ease at my residence, it's gonna be faster.
Fasten ur seatbelts.

And by the way, wish me MERRY XMAS.

1 comment:

Imnakoya said...

Maybe you need to get used to living in the "light". Uncle Sege's plan top build five power generating plants in the delta may perhaps solve the perenneal power failure in Nigeria. May be.