Friday, November 04, 2005

Live and let live

Thank God it's Friday.
Been musing over a device which just wouldn't respond.
You'll understand what I went thru if u've tried something, which u know ordinarily will give way, and it just remains there like Zuma rock and defiant like a Janjaweed. The only thing I didn't do to this laptop to make it work is to smash it on the ground. I grew impatient and frustrated over time, so I had to dump it to ease the tension.
Don't let me bore you jare.
Today, I'm faced with the option of standing for what I know should be or just let it go (like every normal person wey no dey find trouble). It baffles me when I discover the length to which pple will go in order to put food on their tables and get livelihood. Some will suddenly forget that some things aren't morally right, all in the name of making money.
OK let me explain, 'cos of those who don't understand latin.
I'm opportuned to be amidst decision-makers in a not so small business. This biz has grown so much that it's becoming a nuisance to the people in the neighbourhood. Neighbours have started complaining about d effect d business has started having on living conditions. I cld almost feel the pain growing in me when a neighbour was narrating how he was trying to cope with everything. Conscience pricked me.
I knew I could swing decision to make the business halt. But what about the profits et al was what came to my mind. I knew it wouldn't hold water, other peeps convenience were @ stake. After an attempts to reinvent the wheels of the business to make it environment-friendly, I discovered that there's no way one can prevent the inconveniences from occuring. That did it! I told others I want out.
What surprises me most in the whole issue is how they refused vehemently to give up what's constituting nuisance to the environment. They just won't see reasons to it that it's not right to make life uncomfortable for others in the name of running business. I was stunned! How can pple be so inhumane and uncaring for others.
This caused deep-set thoughts within me in these fews days. If my close peeps can do that, then it must be common in the entire populace. Governments selling guns and dangerous amunitions to warring factions just in the name of making money. They do not care abt the aftermath of their moneyhunts.
But why would pple do things that will harm others just because they wanna survive. Isn't it about common survival? What more can people get from becoming richer and richer? They can't get richest, 'cos there's nothing like being richest.
Some pple say it's common among the poor and hungry, but I've found that it's all around the world.
This message is not directly meant for the leaders of the G8 nations, or the leaders of various nations, it's simply meant for U & I. Why not make the world a better place for others to live in.

If I may ask you, how far will you go in order to get ur sustainance?

No comments: