Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A little more'll be better

Day after day I hear the soft, gentle whisper of my true self, "You are better than this, you are under-utilising urself".
I try to cope with it like I do usually to issues brought up by that same voice.
Today, amidst the joy that filled my heart when I read that corruption and evils are being handsomely rewarded, that voice asked me why I've sealed my heart to responding to it. I felt pressured a little, so I decided to blog it out & see if it gives me some relief like it always does.
In trying to open up, I must confess that close to a year this voice has been telling me that I've gradually started dragging to the under-achievement level. It usually tells me that "You are beginning to live your life like every black person and normal human being".
Do not think I'm being racist by saying that I 'live my life like every black person'. The truth remains that the black race needs a raise and an upliftment from its present level. So they that know they lag behind by a kilometer should muster strength of a kilometer, and not compare themselves with those who barely have much to cover.
Funny enough, that same voice has been telling me for a long time now that I have much to do to help the black race and people in need. I sit down and ask myself atimes WTF? I ain't Bono or Bob Geldof, why then me. It (the gentle voice) continues by saying that either you do it and give a lift to the people or you simply be every normal person and the rat race of struggle for survival and existence continues.
I have come to learn that this same thought comes into the minds of people, but many hardly heed to its call.
The song that the sage Tai Solarin thought us when we were in high school kept flooding my mind:

I SHALL PASS
I shall pass through this world but once
Any good thing I can do
Any kindness I can show
To any woman or man alive
Let me do it now
Let me not defer
Let me not neglect it
For I shall never pass this way again

Simply keeping mute to wrong doings and decisions are parts of the things that fuel backwardness lack of growth, why then should people not just speak out against any wrongdoings (in a secured manner though)? Your profound and outstanding achievement in your field can also propel people, not only you, to a level of comfort.
Remember your 2 cents (or 50) can be of great significance to the entire issues.
Atimes I ask myself what platform our children and the generations unborn will inherit. Something has to be done to put my people on a better pedestal.
Don't you think that your kids might not be able to stay (or even visit) their motherland when they grow up due to backwardness and lack of growth. No matter how rich we become in life, our environment (roots and physical environment) will determine either if we'll get value for our riches or just amass wealth and not enjoy them freely due to the fact that hungry neighbours will do anything to grab our possessions.

I find succour in Beautiful Nubia's music.

Do you have anything to do for the betterment of the people, or just live your life and go (jejely)in peace.

I got more on my mind.

3 comments:

Imnakoya said...

Nice touch, nice music, Tony.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Thanks.
I thought d blog could do with some music.

Nneka's World said...

Very nice!